Municipal Court


Westfield, WI  53964

Cases not requiring mandatory court appearance:

Marquette Communities Joint Municipal Court

124 E Third St., Westfield, WI  53964

PO Box 415

Phone:  (608) 369-3606

Email:  [email protected]


The Marquette Communities Joint Municipal Court has relocated to Westfield at the above address.  The new mailing address is PO BOX 415, Westfield, WI  53964 and phone number is 1-608-369-3606.  The clerk’s office hours are Mondays and Wednesdays from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon.

Payment Methods:

Mail:  PO Box 415, Westfield, WI  53964

Check or Money order payable to Marquette Communities Joint Municipal Court


Online:   enter PLC #A0006d

A small service fee is charged for online transactions.


Office hours are Mons and Weds from 1 pm to 3 pm

at 124 E Third St,  Westfield, WI  53964 (Same building as the Westfield Fire Department)

Note:  The drop box is located west of the entrance door, near the fire department garage doors.


In lieu of appearance, the citation(s) may be paid by mail or credit card.


Include a photocopy of your citation with your payment to assure proper handling.

Send check or money order payable to:

Marquette Communities Joint Municipal Court
PO Box 415
Westfield, WI  53964

Credit card payments may also be made in person at 124 E Third St, Westfield, WI 53964, WI during Municipal Court Clerk's hours.


The court date on your citation is the date of your initial appearance.  An initial appearance is your opportunity to enter a plea to the charge.  You may plead guilty, no contest, or not guilty.  The initial appearance is not the trial date.

You may avoid appearing in court by sending the bond amount prior to your court date.  If the bond is posted and you do not appear in court, you will be found guilty, and the bond will be applied to the fine.

If you do not post the bond amount, and you also fail to appear in court on your court date, you will be found guilty and default judgement will be entered against you.  You will then be given 60 days in which to pay the bond amount.

If you fail to pay the bond amount within 60 days, your license will be suspended for up to 2 years or until the entire amount is paid in full and in the case of an ordinance violation, the judge may issue an arrest warrant.  You will also be required to pay a fee to the Division of Motor Vehicles to have your license reinstated, after you have paid the bond amount in full.


If you wish to plead not guilty, you may do this at your initial appearance, or by mail, or by email at [email protected] without appearing in court on the date set forth on your citation.  Your written plea of not guilty must be received prior to the court date on your citation, or a default judgement will be entered.  If your written plea of not guilty is not received by the court date, and a default judgement is entered, it will then be necessary for you to file a written Motion and Affidavit to the Court, to see if the Court will consider reopening your case.

After you have entered your plea of not guilty, your matter will be set for a pretrial conference with the prosecuting attorney and court officer.  You will be notified of your pretrial date.  A pretrial conference is your opportunity to discuss your case with the prosecutor and court officer, to see if there is a resolution.


If your matter is not resolved at the pretrial conference, you will be advised of your trial date before the Municipal Court Judge.

You may present evidence and have witnesses at the trial.  You must appear at the trial, or you will be found guilty by default.  It is your responsibility to notify the Clerk of Municipal Court, in writing, of any change in your mailing address.


Any questions you wish answered prior to your appearance in court, other than routing time schedule questions, etc., should be addressed to an attorney.  Court personnel are prohibited by law from giving legal advice.


If you are found guilty of a traffic violation, your driving record may be charged with demerit points.  The court will not determine the number of points assessed against your record.  Your conviction will be reported to the Division of Motor Vehicles, and they will assess the number of points against your record, depending upon the charge.  If you accumulate 12 points against your driving record within a one year period, your license will be suspended or revoked.

You will receive a written notice from the Division of Motor Vehicles if this occurs.  If you need to know what your point status is, you should call DMV at 608-266-2261.

This court serves the City of Montello, Village of Oxford,  Village of Westfield, and Village of Neshkoro.