Click here for the (UPDATED) Oxford Lions and Oxford Fire Department 4th of July event details: Oxford Lions~Fire Department~4th publication~2022 Website PDF
Village of Oxford residents will now have recycling picked up the third Wednesday of each month rather than the second Wednesday. This change will take effect this month (November, 2021).
2022 Garbage and Recycling Information:
There have been a few reported cases of termite infestation and activity within the Village of Oxford.
Below are some possible signs of termite activity
- Discolored or drooping drywall
- Peeling paint that resembles water damage
- Wood that sounds hollow when tapped
- Small, pinpoint holes in drywall
- Buckling wooden or laminate floor boards
- Tiles loosening from the added moisture termites can introduce to your floor
- Excessively squeaky floorboards
- Crumbling, damaged wood
- Stuck windows or doors
- Maze-like patterns in furniture, floor boards or walls
- Mounds of drywood termite pellets, often resembling small piles of salt or pepper
- Piles of wings left behind after swarms, often resembling fish scales
- Mud tubes climbing the foundation of your home
- Flying termite swarms anywhere on your property
Below are links to possible resources for termite information (not an official endorsement by the Village of Oxford), but it is not a complete list of extermination service providers available. If any resident suspects a termite infestation in their home, the Village strongly encourages the resident to contact a licensed exterminator for an inspection.
Please read the attached for guidelines of what not to do regarding your sewer lateral and the Municipal Sanitary Sewer System
A monthly test of the Village’s emergency warning siren is scheduled for the first Monday of each month at approximately 6:10 PM. In the event of severe weather, the siren will only be sounded in the event of an actual emergency.